Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week #2 - Rest, nutrition and more miles

Last week reflection and results:  I did all of my runs and about 80% on my exercises and stretches.  Had to do the long run on the treadmill Sunday morning due to the cold which was not a lot of fun, but I've got to do what I've got to do.  Feeling good physically and mentally ready for more intense intervals this week.

Week #2, 15 weeks until the race:  Generally speaking still lower miles at 33 minimum, stepping up the interval training, getting a "rest" day and it looks to be warmer, so maybe no treadmill.

Monday, Day 1 - Rest, but I will be doing P90X Yoga on these days to help with stretching.

      Done - Went really well, though having to set up the late start phone call got me out of "Yoga-belly 7"

Tuesday, Day 2 - Seven miles of interval training.  Three sets of 800m-600m-600m with four minutes between sets and 30 seconds between running them at 5k pace.

Wednesday, Day 3 - Four mile run

Thursday, Day 4 - Tempo Run - Seven miles - two 15 minute marathon paced runs in the middle with five minute recovery in the middle.

Friday, Day 5 - Four mile run

Saturday, Day 6 - Three mile run

Sunday, Day 7 - Ten mile run

Total Miles - 34 miles

Nutrition - Mixed bag, still having to cut some of my "grazing" as watching the Iowa game on New Year's Day proved that and now that most of the Christmas candy and cookies are gone I can really cut out the sweets.  Meals have been healthy and good.  We will have to do the sweet potato chips in the microwave more often, they were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment